Japan Institute of the Moving Image: Short Docs
- Saturday, June 2, 12:30 Naxoshalle Kino
- The Road He Walks: A Story of He-Kun
Hiikun no aruku machi
- Japan 2017, Blu-ray, 47 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director: Taku AOYAGI
- Camera: Mitsumasa YAMANOME
- Production & World sales: Japan Institute of the Moving Image
- International premiere in the presence of the director, the cinematographer, and of the lecturer and producer Takaharu YASUOKA
Hidehiko, also known as He-kun, is 38 years old and lives with his mother in the provincial city of Ichikawamisato, famous for its paper production and spectacular fireworks. He spends each day wandering the streets, doing odd jobs here and there. Taku AOYAGI brings us the story of a very normal, but also very special, person.
- Crossing Road
- Director: Hayato OBIKI
- Japan 2015, Blu-ray, 44 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- European premiere in the presence of the director
Several people were killed or injured in an attack in the Tokyo district Akihabara in 2008. Via an exchange of letters between the attacker and one of the survivors, Hayato OBIKI attempts to find some sort of reasoning or motivation behind these terrible attacks. Is it possible to discover the “true” personality of the attacker?
Two short documentaries by graduates of the Japan Institute of the Moving Image, founded by Shohei IMAMURA in 1975, present a close and intimate perspective on tragic events and extraordinary biographies.