- Thursday, May 31, 16:45 Mousonturm Saal
- Saturday, June 2, 20:00 Mal Seh’n Kino
Ao no kaerimichi
- Japan 2017, DCP, 120 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director: Michihito FUJII
- Script: Michihito FUJII, Hidenobu ABERA
- Camera: Masami ISHIZUKA
- World sales: Open Sesame
- Cast: Erina MANO, Kurumi SHIMIZU, Ryusei YOKOHAMA, Yuki MORINAGA, Junki TOZUKA
- World premiere in the presence of the director and the actor Ryusei YOKOHAMA and the producer Chikara ITO
- Competition Nippon Cinema Award
Seven friends part ways after their last day at school. Some seek their fortune in Tokyo, others remain in their hometown Maebashi. Over the course of ten years, their paths keep crossing, and while they experience losses and broken dreams, they learn about the value of friendship. Director Michihito FUJII tells a timeless coming-of-age story in this outstanding ensemble drama.
Michihito FUJII was born in 1986 and studied at Nihon University College of Art. His feature film debut OH! FATHER was released in 2014. FUJII writes the screenplays for most of his films. Apart from numerous commercials, he also directed the Netflix series SAMURAI GOURMET (2017).
2014 Oh! Father / Phantom Limb (Genshi); 2015 7s; 2016 My Secret Love (Usotsuki no koi); 2017 Innocent Blood (Hikari to chi); 2018 Day and Night / Evil (Akuma)