The Third Murder
- Friday, June 1, 16:45 Mousonturm Saal
- Sunday, June 3, 17:30 Mal Seh’n Kino
Sandome no satsujin
- Japan 2017, DCP, 124 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director & Script: Hirokazu KOREEDA
- Production: Fuji Television Network, Amuse, Gaga
- Camera: Mikiya TAKIMOTO
- Music: Ludovico Einaudi
- World sales: Wild Bunch
- Cast: Masaharu FUKUYAMA, Koji YAKUSHO, Suzu HIROSE, Isao HASHIZUME, Mikako ICHIKAWA
- German premiere
- Competition Nippon Cinema Award
ALead attorney Shigemori takes on the defense of robbery murder suspect Misumi. His client freely admits his guilt, despite facing the death penalty. As he digs deeper into the case, the once-confident Shigemori begins to doubt his client’s confession. The latest film by Hirokazu KOREEDA is an outstandingly-acted and morally complex, dark thriller.
Hirokazu KOREEDA was born in Tokyo in 1962, and after studying literature at Waseda University he began directing TV documentaries. He switched to feature-film directing in 1995 and has since won several international prizes, including awards at the film festivals in Cannes, Venice, and San Sebastián.
1995 Maborosi (Maboroshi no hikari); 1998 After Life; 2004 Nobody Knows (Dare mo shiranai); 2008 Still Walking (Aruitemo aruitemo / NC ’09); 2009 Air Doll (Kuki ningyo); 2011 I Wish (Kiseki); 2013 Like Father, Like Son (Soshite chichi ni naru / NC ’14); 2016 After the Storm (Umi yorimo mada fukaku)