The Blood Of Wolves
- Thursday, May 31, 22:15 Mousonturm Saal
Koro no chi
- Japan 2018, DCP, 126 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director: Kazuya SHIRAISHI
- Script: Junya IKEGAMI based on a novel by Yuko YUZUKI
- Production: THE BLOOD OF WOLVES Production Committee
- Camera: Takahiro HAIBARA
- World sales: Toei
- Cast: Koji YAKUSHO, Tori MATSUZAKA, Yoko MAKI, Shido NAKAMURA, Yutaka TAKENOUCHI
- German premiere
- Competition Nippon Cinema Award
Hiroshima 1988: Rookie policeman Hioka is partnered with Ogami (Koji YAKUSHO), a hardboiled cop who could easily be confused with yakuza gangsters. Soon doubts arise about which side of the law Ogami is on. This spiritual successor to Kinji FUKASAKU’s legendary BATTLES WITHOUT HONOR AND HUMANITY is an uncompromising and bloody homage that lives up to the legacy of the original.
Kazuya SHIRAISHI, born in Hokkaido in 1974, attended a private film school and has worked as an assistant to Koji WAKAMATSU, Isao YUKISADA, and Isshin INUDO. LOST PARADISE IN TOKYO (2009) is his debut as a director. His feature THE DEVIL’S PATH brought him a Japanese Academy Awards nomination in 2014.
2009 Lost Paradise in Tokyo; 2013 The Devil’s Path (Kyoaku); 2016 Twisted Justice (Nihon de ichiban warui yatsura); 2016 Dawn of the Felines (Mesunekotachi / NC ’17); 2018 The Blood of Wolves (Koro no chi); Sunny / 32