- Friday, June 1, 20:00 Naxos Atelier (Nippon Film Dinner)
- Saturday, June 2, 14:00 Mal Seh’n Kino
- Japan 2017, DCP, 93 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director: Koki SHIGENO
- Production: Netzgen, Generation Eleven Pictures
- Camera: Hidenori TAKAHASHI
- Distribution: Gunpowder & Sky
- German premiere
- Competition Nippon Visions Jury Award and Nippon Visions Audience Award
Osamu TOMITA is one of the best Japanese ramen chefs. Although his daily duties are meticulously planned, there is room for change, as ramen- making follows no strict law. A look into his competitors’ restaurants shows: The type of noodles, broth, and toppings can be combined in an endless variety of ways. The chefs’ collective aim: Serving a delicious and diverse dish you want to eat every single day!
Koki SHIGENO was born in 1965. He is a veteran director known for TV documentaries and has worked with famous chefs like sushi master AKAI, soba master KOTAKA and French chef Alain Passard who is known from Netflix’s CHEF’S TABLE. RAMEN HEADS is his first feature film.