- Tuesday, May 29, 22:30 Mousonturm Saal
- Wednesday, May 30, 22:15 Mal Seh’n Kino
- Japan 2017, DCP, 104 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director and script: Takeshi KITANO
- Production: Office Kitano
- Camera: Katsumi YANAGIJIMA
- World sales: Celluloid Dreams
- Cast: Beat TAKESHI, Toshiyuki NISHIDA, Nao OMORI, Pierre TAKI, Yutaka MATSUSHIGE
After retiring from his clan, aging gangster Otomo spends his days in Korea, working for the influential mobster Mr. Chang. After a visiting yakuza causes a scandal, a chain of events is set in motion which leads Otomo back to Japan in order to settle things once and for all. The final part of Takeshi KITANO’s OUTRAGE trilogy once more combines his trademarks, laconic humor and unexpected violence.
Takeshi KITANO, born in Tokyo in 1947, is a film director, actor, author, presenter, painter, and comedian. His directing debut VIOLENT COP (1989) was a huge hit on the international scene, and follow-up features, such as HANA-BI (1997), have earned him numerous prizes on the festival circuit. He also taught at the Tokyo University of the Arts.
1989 Violent Cop (Sono otoko, kyobo ni tsuki); 1993 Sonatine; 1997 Hana-bi; 1999 Kikujiro (Kikujiro no natsu); 2002 Dolls (NC ’03); 2003 Zatoichi (NC ’04); 2010 Outrage; 2012 Outrage Beyond (NC ’13); Ryuzo and the Seven Henchmen (Ryuzo to shichinin no kobuntachi / NC ’16)