- Thursday, May 31, 20:00 Mal Seh’n Kino
- Saturday, June 2, 19:45 Mousonturm Saal
- Japan / USA 2017, DCP, 95 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director: Atsuko HIRAYANAGI
- Script: Atsuko HIRAYANAGI, Boris Frumin
- Production: Matchgirl Pictures, Meridian Content, Gloria Sanchez, NHK
- Camera: Paula Huidobro
- Music: Erik Friedlander
- World sales: Elle Driver
- Cast: Shinobu TERAJIMA, Josh Hartnett, Kaho MINAMI, Koji YAKUSHO, Shiori KUTSUNA
- German premiere; screening on 2.6. in the presence of the NIPPON HONOR AWARD recipient Shinobu TERAJIMA
- Competition Nippon Cinema Award
Setsuko is an emotionally unfulfilled single woman stuck in a drab life in Tokyo. When she falls in love with her English teacher, she follows him to Southern California and her life spirals out of control in hilarious ways. For her portrayal of Lucy, this year’s NIPPON HONOR AWARD recipient Shinobu TERAJIMA was nominated as Best Actress at the Independent Spirit Awards.
Atsuko HIRAYANAGI was born in Nagano in 1975 and raised in Chiba, Japan. She is an MFA graduate of NYU Tisch School of the Arts. Her thesis film, OH LUCY! (short), received more than 30 awards around the globe. The homonymous remake is her debut feature film.