- Friday, June 1, 22:45 Mal Seh’n Kino
- Saturday, June 2, 22:15 Mousonturm Saal
- Japan 2017, Blu-ray, 72 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director & script: Hiroshi TAKAHASHI
- Production & World sales: The Film School of Tokyo
- Camera: Tatsuya YAMADA
- Cast: Hanae KAN, Yuki TOMOYAMA, Yoko CHOSOKABE, Kosuke TAKAKI, Emina KONDO
- European premiere in the presence of the director and the actresses Emina KONDO and Tomomi KONO
- Competition Nippon Cinema Award
A seance in an abandoned factory is the backdrop for this little horror gem helmed by THE RING scriptwriter Hiroshi TAKAHASHI. Their reasons for making contact with the realm of the dead are, at first, obscure, and only little by little do we learn about the malicious intents of the initiators. After years of boring and repetitive J-horror fare, here comes a fresh take on the much beloved sub-genre.
Hiroshi TAKAHASHI was born in 1959 in Chiba. In 1985 he graduated from Waseda University with a degree in Russian Literature. While at university, he started producing 8mm films. His debut as scriptwriter came in 1990 with a TV production helmed by Azuma MORISAKI. In 1998 TAKAHASHI wrote the script for the international surprise hit THE RING by Hideo NAKATA. SODOM THE KILLER (2004) was his first film as a director.
2004 Sodom the Killer (Sodom no ichi); 2010 Kyofu