- Sunday, June 3, 12:00 Mousonturm Saal
- Japan / Frankreich 2017, DCP, 90 min, French with German subtitles
- Director: Shojiro NISHIMI, Guillaume Renard
- Script: Guillaume Renard based on his comic series with the same name
- Production: Ankama Animations, Studio 4°C
- Music: Guillaume Houzé, The Toxic Avenger
- Distribution: peppermint anime
- Voice actors: Orelsan, Gringe, Redouanne Harjane, Pauline Moingeon
Angelino, a deadbeat motorcyclist, has a fateful accident in his hometown of Dark Meat City. He suddenly starts seeing strange creatures everywhere, and becomes the target of men in black, Mexican wrestlers, and other street gangs. In cooperation with Shojiro NISHIMI of Studio 4°C, the French director Guillaume Renard has created an audiovisual roller-coaster out of modern pop-culture elements and an energy-laden soundtrack.
Guillaume Renard, better known under the pseudonym Run, was born in northern France in 1976 and works as comic book artist and illustrator. In 2002 he released his short film MUTAFUKAZ: OPERATION BLACKHEAD, followed in 2006 by a graphic novel of the same name.
Shojiro NISHIMI, born in Japan in 1965, works for the animation company Studio 4°C and contributed to films like AKIRA, MIND GAME, and TEKKONKINKREET.