Love and Wolbachia
- Tuesday, May 29, 19:45 Naxoshalle Kino
Koi to borubakia
- Japan 2017, Blu-ray, 94 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director, Camera and World sales: Sayaka ONO
- Production: Ladak, Nonfix, Wowow
- International premiere in the presence of the director
- Competition Nippon Visions Jury Award and Nippon Visions Audience Award
How does love feel when you were born a man, but you’d rather be a woman? Or when a woman loves another woman who was born as a man? Young director Sayaka ONO observed various protagonists and couples for her latest documentary film project, creating a sensitive collection of intense and emotional portraits. Maybe, in the end, love is nothing but a weird disease anyway?
Sayaka ONO was born in Ehime Prefecture in 1984. She studied at the Japan Institute of the Moving Image in Kawasaki, finishing her graduation film THE DUCKLING in 2010. Since then, she has participated in numerous TV and documentary film projects.
2010 The Duckling (Ahiru no ko / NC ’11)