Destiny: The Tale of Kamakura
- Thursday, May 31, 14:15 Mousonturm Saal
- Sunday, June 3, 20:00 Mal Seh’n Kino
Destiny Kamakura monogatari
- Japan 2017, Blu-ray, 129 min, Japanese with English subtitles, released to age 6 or older
- Director: Takashi YAMAZAKI
- Script: Takashi YAMAZAKI based on a manga by Ryohei SAIGAN
- Production: DESTINY: THE TALE OF KAMAKURA Film Partners
- Camera: Kozo SHIBASAKI
- World sales: Nippon Television Network
- Cast: Masato SAKAI, Mitsuki TAKAHATA, Sakura ANDO
- German premiere
- Competition Nippon Cinema Award
Young Akiko marries mystery author Masakazu and moves to the legendary city of Kamakura where spiritual creatures live among humans. She is able to quickly find new friends, including the 130-year-old maid Kin, the already-dead Mrs. Seto, and a loveable jinx. One morning, Masakazu awakes to find that his wife has disappeared. Takashi YAMAZAKI tells a romantic story in a world full of magic.
Takashi YAMAZAKI, born in Nagano Prefecture in 1964, graduated from Asagaya College of Art and Design. His film JUVENILE (2000) was his directorial debut. ALWAYS: SUNSET ON THIRD STREET (2005) won 12 out of 14 categories at the Japanese Academy Awards. BATTLESHIP YAMATO (2010) and STAND BY ME DORAEMON (2014) were also highly successful at the box office. YAMAZAKI is considered as one of the leading special effects experts in Japan.
2000 Juvenile; 2005 Always: Sunset on Third Street (Always san-chome no yuhi, NC ’05); 2010 Space Battleship Yamato; 2013 Eternal Zero (Eien no zero); Parasyte (Kiseiju, NC ’15); Parasyte Part 2 (Kiseiju kanketsu hen, NC ’15)