- Thursday, May 31, 19:30 Mousonturm Saal
- Friday, June 1, 20:00 Mal Seh’n Kino
Osanago warera ni umare
- Japan 2017, DCP, 127 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director: Yukiko MISHIMA
- Script: Haruhiko ARAI based on a novel by Kiyoshi SHIGEMATSU
- Production: „Dear Etranger“ Production Committee
- Music: Takuto TANAKA
- Camera: Ryo OTSUKA
- World sales: Pony Canyon
- Cast: Tadanobu ASANO, Rena TANAKA, Shinobu TERAJIMA, Shingo MIZUSAWA, Kankuro KUDO
- German premiere in the presence of the director and the composer and the producer Toru EMORI
- Competition Nippon Cinema Award
After his failed first marriage, Makoto starts a new family with Nanae and her two daughters. When the spouses expect their first child together, Nanae’s older daughter Kaoru starts to rebel against her stepfather, which leads to a serious family crisis. A sensitive narration and an outstanding cast make DEAR ETRANGER an exceptional take on the Japanese family drama.
Yukiko MISHIMA, born 1969 in Osaka, began her career at the Japanese TV station NHK before directing her debut feature in 2009. Since then she has written and directed many other films for cinema while still working as a director for television drama series.
2009 Shisei: Nioi tsuki no gotoku; 2012 Bread of Happiness (Shiawase no pan); 2014 A Drop of the Grapevine (Budo no namida); 2015 A Stitch of Life (Tsukuroi tatsu hito); 2016 Night’s Tightrope (Shojo)