- Wednesday, May 30, 22:30 Mousonturm Saal
- Saturday, June 2, 22:30 Mal Seh’n Kino
- Japan 2017, DCP, 100 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director and script: Jun TANAKA
- Production: BAMY Film Partners
- Camera: Hideaki ARAI
- World sales: Nikkatsu
- Cast: Hironobu YUKINAGA, Hiromi NAKAZATO, Misaki TSUGE, Toshi YANAGI, Yuki KATSURAGI
- In the presence of the director
After years of not seeing each other, old school friends Fumiko and Ryota are reunited under mysterious circumstances. A romance soon springs from this chance encounter, but their new relationship is shadowed by a dark secret of Ryota’s: He possesses the rare ability to see ghosts. This horror-drama, the directorial debut of Jun TANAKA, has already captivated audiences at numerous film festivals with its rich atmosphere.
Jun TANAKA was born in Kagawa Prefecture in 1978 and lives in Tokyo. After graduating from the Faculty of Economics at Shiga University, he studied at the Film School of Tokyo on the documentary course under Makoto SATO, Takefumi TSUTSUI and others. BAMY is his first feature.